To request an estimate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with :
* full contact information
* a detailed description of the MS to be proof-read
* an indication of the level (‘high’, ‘medium’, ‘low’, ‘minimal’) of work you feel the material needs
* deadline information
Terms and Conditions
* Material requiring sub-editing as well as proofreading will be quoted at the sub-editing rate
* Proofreading of hard copy will be done using BSI 2005 proofreading marks
* British English shall apply except by special arrangement
* Our working hours are 0900 – 1630 SAST, Monday to Friday. Rush jobs, requiring working over a weekend or public holiday or after hours may be possible and is subject to prior arrangement. These jobs attract an additional charge of 50% of the applicable fee.
* The ultimate responsibility for material that has been proof-read/copy-edited (eg, before going to print, submission to one’s tutor or presentation to one’s manager, board etc ) rests with the author(s) of that material.
Proofreading only :
Within South Africa : R150.00 per hour, pro rata
Outside South Africa : US$10.00 per hour, pro rata
Sub-editing, including proofreading :
Within South Africa : R225.00 per hour, pro rata
Outside South Africa : US$15.00 per hour pro rata
Fees are negotiable for worthy causes and private individuals with a limited budget.
Once an estimate is accepted by a client, Books Etc South Africa will issue a proforma invoice. Payment of 50% is required in advance and the remaining 50% is payable on completion of the first half of the work.
Re-editing / ‘re-proofreading’ of work already edited/proofread may incur additional charges.